I purchased a Club Newport vacation club membership last April. My yearly renewal fee is due Sunday 4/1.

I am not using it and no longer want it. Is there anything I can do to get out of the contract?

Wondering if anyone has had any luck with attorney representation and cancellation. Any suggestions welcome. Has anyone tried just closing the account that they draft money from so they can't get to your money?

I was late on a payment once and they charged me $20. late fee.

I have tried to use their services more than once and the deals are terrible. I would do better with one of the many booking sites that are constantly advertising on television

Thanks Cindy

Product or Service Mentioned: Club Newport Vacation Ownership.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: I cancel my membership they keep all money paid and go away..

I didn't like: Misrepresentation.

Comments

I would like to mirror these exact same comments. This is a ripoff "Club" I am out a significant amount of money and I am not happy.

I was told when I first became a member of Club-Newport that I would not have to pay an annual membership fee. I would have never signed up for the Vacation Club had I known there was an annual membership fee. I have no intention of paying an annual membership fee. If I have paid all of my ownership/ mortgage requirements, I am under no obligation to pay for membership.

In my opinion this entire program is nothing more than a scam and a total rip-off anyway. Every time I have attempted to use the Club, I have NEVER been able to get a better deal than elsewhere. I have had to find the better deal and call Club-Newport and tell them where I found the better deal and then get the better deal.

All of this for the sole benefit of some lousy points. If I have to do all of the ground work to find the best deal, then I don’t need Club-Newport.